Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fettuccine with Lemon, Mushrooms, and Prosciutto

For dinner tonight I made a recipe from Sidewalkshoes.



It was amazing.  My roommate and I ate every bite.  Here's how to make it:

  • 14oz dried fettuccine
  • 12 slices prosciutto (I used 6 and that seemed like enough)
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1/2 oz of butter
  • 1 lb mixed, fresh mushrooms
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 preserved lemon rind, diced (replace 2 T. lemon juice and 2 T. lemon zest)
  • 1 cup cream
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
  • 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta per directions and keep warm.
Heat a frying pan over medium high heat.  Add the oil and cook the prosciutto until it is crispy, and remove and set aside.  Add the butter and when it is melted add the mushrooms.  Cook for about 3 minutes, or until golden.  Add the garlic and lemon and cook for about 2 minutes.  Remove from the pan and set aside.  Add the cream to the pan, stirring up any brown bits, season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.  Add the pasta, the prosciutto,  the parsley, the mushrooms, and the parmesan and toss to coat. 
Serves 4


As always, I kind of eye-balled the quantities and it came out delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment