Yesterday morning I ran a nice little 5K organized by some local schools. I finished in an even 28 minutes, which is a personal best. My splits were:
Mile 1: 8:50
Mile 2: 18:00 (big hill)
Mile 3: 28:00
Because I was in a car accident this week, I only ran once instead of my usual 3-4 times. By the third mile I was uncomfortable and ready to be done. By the finish line I was in pain. But I finished without walking and I feel great about setting a new time to beat.
I was disappointed that they didn't have a division for my age group because I would have placed. They only had divisions for elementary school, middle school, high school, faculty, and overall. My friend Dawn placed third overall, I'm very proud of her!
After the race we went to the local diner for some breakfast. It was a really nice way to start the day and we can't wait to run another one together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the gentle spirit that is apparent in your posts. This is my first visit here, but I'll be back again. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary
ReplyDelete