Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring has Sprung!!!

I am a terrible gardener, but I really enjoy fresh herbs.  I especially love basil; I make fresh pesto all summer long!  So I decided to try growing some herbs on my balcony.  I've also got a tomato plant and I'm hoping my roommate adds a couple more things to the mix.  If you've never been to Georgia, then you might be wondering why everything looks so dirty.  It's not dirt: it's pollen.  And this time of year, it covers EVERYTHING in Georgia.  Cars, roads, houses, etc. are all covered in a thick layer of yellow/green powder.  Pretty gross, right?  It's Hell for people with allergies (not me, thank God!)

But back to gardening, I'm especially excited about this:



These are basil seeds I planted that just started to sprout!  I didn't think they'd make it this far!  I hope I have a whole pot full of delicious, aromatic basil!

Have a great day, my lovelies <3

No comments:

Post a Comment