Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting



The title makes your mouth water, right?  They're pretty stinkin' delicious.  I used a chocolate cake mix from a box (cheater cheater cupcake eater!) and used a frosting recipe found here.


I just brought these ingredients to room temperature and used my hand mixer to whip them all together.  I like the swirley look, so I load the frosting into a heavy duty ziplock bag and trip off the corner.

1 cup peanut butter
½ cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons cream or milk
½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1 ½ cups powdered sugar



I used cocoa powder and a peanut as garnish, and I think they came out very cute.  The frosting was a little gooey, but I stuck it in the fridge and think that'll help out a lot.




I'm almost finished with the clutch I've been knitting, so I picked up some new yarn today for a new project.  Also got my car washed, had dinner with mom, and finished birthday shopping for my brother.  Such a wonderful productive day in the city of Atlanta!

No comments:

Post a Comment