This weekend was pure magic! Friday night I had a glass of wine after work with a colleague, then my roommate made this delicious dinner. I finished the night playing Call of Duty with an old friend.
Saturday, I went to an afternoon wine tasting with a good friend before trying a new restaurant with my roommate and her parents who were in town visiting. The restaurant took the place of our old favorite. It was fine, but nothing like our beloved LOLA :(
Sunday I made a delicious dinner and saw Up in the Air, which was fantastic! In the down time, I've been knitting up a storm (working on a clutch for my Etsy shop!) and made a new pair of earrings which I listed today. Go check them out!!!
Last night's dinner was Bowties with mushroom cream sauce and I added chicken for some protein. I forgot to take a final picture, but it was delicious so I'm going to share the recipe and a few pictures.
Ingredients:
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta (one box)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound assorted wild mushrooms, stems trimmed, wiped clean, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups half and half (or heavy cream if you want some extra calories!)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
I started by cutting up two chicken breasts and cooking them in a frying pan with a couple tablespoons of olive oil. I seasoned it with a little salt and italian seasoning. Once it was cooked through, I removed it from heat and put it aside.
Cook the pasta until it is al dente, then put aside. While that was cooking, I started the sauce.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the mushrooms for 3 or four minutes, until tender. Then add the garlic, shallots, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for about two minutes.
Add the half and half and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and let it simmer for about five minutes so the sauce thickens. Once it coats the back of a spoon, add the parmesan cheese and adjust seasoning to taste.
Add the chicken, then combine the sauce with the pasta. Once everything is heated together, it's ready to serve and enjoy! I paired it with a caesar salad and garlic bread. If you give it a try, please leave a review in the comments. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
No comments:
Post a Comment