Saturday, January 30, 2010

Today's treasures

I've been housesitting for my parents since Thursday.  They live out in the suburbs with three precious dogs.  I'm always happy to see this old girl:

Isn't she cute?  She is the family dog I grew up with and she's getting up there in years.  She can't hear anything and has trouble with the stairs, but she still seems to enjoy life.

I spent my morning thrifting and came home with a few things I'm really excited about!  I picked up this pin at an estate sale- I'm planning to use it to embellish a future project (a clutch, maybe?)  Or a knit hat (if I ever get proficient enough to make one!)  I'm considering going back tomorrow to see if they've lowered prices on a couple of things.  One is an antique-looking globe that would look nice in my bedroom.

I also found some beautiful glassware.  I think it's a coincidence that I found a pitcher and four glasses in the same color, but maybe it's not.  They weren't together in the store but they make a great set!  I've decided to put them on Etsy, though I'm tempted to keep.  I promised myself that if they don't sell in a month or two then they were clearly meant to stay with me :)  I drive a hard bargain with myself, haha.




























Now I'm running out to meet a friend for a late lunch.  Can you even imagine a better Saturday?  I CAN'T (ok, except for the dreary weather...)

No comments:

Post a Comment