Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Hello my loves,

I tried a new recipe tonight from the May 2009 issue of Cooking Light.  It was delish!  It's called Broiled Salmon with Peppercorn-Lime Rub and was a piece of cake to make!  Plus, I had most of the ingredients already (and you probably will too) so grocery shopping was a snap!  Here we go-

Ingredients:
salmon fillets
cooking spray
2 teaspoons grated lime rind
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
lime wedges (optional, but highly recommended)

Just preheat the broiler, then combine the above ingredients (except the lime wedges.)  Place the salmon, skin side down, on a broiler pan (I don't have one so I improvised with a cooling rack on a cookie sheet).  Sprinkle the mixture on the fish and broil it for about  minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
 That's it!  I squeezed the lime on mine for a little extra somethin-somethin.  I paired it with roasted asparagus and lemon-cilantro couscous.  To prepare the asparagus, I cut off the bottoms, spread it out on a cookie sheet, and drizzled it with olive oil.  I sprinkled on some salt and put it under the broiler for about ten minutes (or until it reaches your desired point of doneness.)  I wasn't crazy about the couscous, but my roommate liked it.  I had to add A LOT more water than the recipe called for because it was crunchy.  So I don't really recommend that recipe, but she does!

Now to do some knitting while I watch The Office!

No comments:

Post a Comment