The ingredients cost about $13 (I had some basics already) and took about an hour. It wasn't as hearty as I'd hoped, but I have no complaints at all about the taste! It makes 5-7 servings.
Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. onion powder (I left this out, thought I had some and I didn't!)
2 tablespoons EVOO
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. cornstarch
water
Freshly squeezed juice from one lemon
1 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
Combine water, soy sauce, and onion powder in a medium mixing bowl; set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large stock pot and add onion. Saute until softened and add garlic and red bell pepper. Saute 3-4 mins. Add salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, and soy sauce mixture.
Stirring often, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add basil and vinegar. Blend cornstarch into just enough water to dissolve without lumps and stir into soup. Simmer for 15 to 20 mins. and remove from heat. Stir in lemon and crumbled feta cheese. Then enjoy (We sure did!)
Goodnight my loves.

No comments:
Post a Comment